Wednesday 15 August 2012

I heard about hope and I learnt a lesson


Sometime ago, I listened to a guy preach about hope and how we easily lose it in the face of crisis or challenges. He also said that the cause of this easy loss is our lack of faith in a higher power – God.

Do you believe this? Well, I don’t. I think people lose hope not for lack of faith in God but for lack of faith in their worthiness of God’s love and mercy. When trials come our way, our human minds begin to wander and we think we deserve this bad luck because we are bad people. I admit I’ve done this a few times and it’s taken a while but I think I’ve overcome by learning a valuable lesson – good or bad happens to everyone and not necessarily because you have been so good or so bad.

The important thing is to remain focused on the real things – our faith in God and commitment to live a worthy life. So whether things are going well for you or not, whether your life is as you imagined it or not (really, whose is?), whether you keep striving and are yet to be rewarded with your desires, just keep the faith and never lose hope for to lose hope is to lose faith and to lose faith is to lose everything.




No comments: