Saturday 25 August 2012

‘You’re not happy that a young guy like me is talking to an old idiot like you? Old cargo’


Image: http://anchorsholme.org.uk
‘You’re not happy that a young guy like me is talking to an old idiot like you? Old cargo’

“That is the text I received from a random guy I met for a few minutes through my friend.

"I’m a single 36 year old female and we all know that here at home, this means I’m under the ‘old cargo’ category – someone who’s way past their prime. Luckily, I have a great job that keeps me busy so I don’t overthink my single status or the fact that in my world, being single at my age is a grave thing. 

Sometime ago, a good friend gave my number to her hubby’s friend. The guy called me up and we talked a bit. He said he’d like to come see me at work so I gave him my details. When he came, we just spent a few minutes chatting, cos it’s my work place, and we agreed that we’d meet that weekend. Unfortunately, work stuff came up at the last minute so I had to cancel. I sent him a text explaining that I couldn’t see him that weekend but we could meet some other time and I’d let him know. And that’s what set him off."
"The guy called my phone but I was in a meeting so I could not pick his call. He called many times after but I still didn’t pick. A few hours later, he sent me that unbelievable text. I was shocked. I didn’t know him, had talked to him for just a few minutes when we met so I could not understand his actions. I wanted to text a nasty reply but on second thoughts, I decided the best thing was to ignore the fool. This was a guy, like many others here, who’d bailed out of the country in search greener pastures supposedly. He probably was not even doing any real thing where ever he was based or maybe, he was on drugs ‘cos no normal person would act that way. I decided he was not on my level in any way so exchanging words with him would demean me.  Maybe he expected a response to his text and when he didn’t get it, he started calling my mobile again. When he would not stop, even the next day, I sent him a warning, stating that if he called me again, I would turn ruthless on him. I was not interested and he should lose my number. He didn’t call me again – thank goodness. Imagine that. I want to get married or whatever but to a fool – please! I’m way more than that. "      



1 comment:

trock said...

Believe it or not,but some women do really have them as husbandsand biyfriends....that's the sad reality of our times...a reflection of the degeneration of our society.its no news that a female beyond 30 is seen to be desperate,hence should do all she can to get a man to give her the MRS tag.it doesn't matter if the man is wife beater,an addict or a no-do-well,what matters is that he is lucky to be born with the Y chromosome and has a third leg....shikena.happy you had the foresight to throw him into the thrash where he belongs,go out,meet people,have dates,have fun and be happy.a man should give you joy,he should be a plus to you and nit cause you heart ache...get married becos you bothot want to be married and not becos the society expects you to be married!!!