Saturday 1 September 2012

My husband takes sexual performance enhancement drugs and we’ve not had sex in almost a year


“I don’t think there are many marriages as rocky as mine because I was unfortunate to marry a mean, control freak. My husband is a terrorist who takes delight in beating me up, physically and emotionally. Many times, my children and I have knelt down in tears, begging him not to mete out cruel punishments on us for not completely bending to his will – it’s that bad.

He barely allows me to go out, does most of the grocery shopping himself so that I’ll not get the opportunity to make some money off the groceries and he locks me out of the house if I go somewhere (with his permission) and get back later than 6pm, even if I call him to explain that I might be later than his set time.  For housekeeping money, he refuses to give me more than five hundred naira (less than three dollars) at a time because he doesn’t want me having any money on me lest I get ideas. And if he has to travel out of the state, he’ll give me a minimal amount, maybe four thousand naira (about twenty five dollars) and tell me to call him for any emergencies that may require more. When he returns from his trip, he’ll ask for a detailed breakdown of money spent and if I bought drinks or any other ‘unnecessary’ items, he’ll slap me around a bit as a form of punishment.

Early this year, I discovered that he takes sexual performance enhancement medication and we’ve not been having sex which means he’s having sex with other women. I mustered the courage to confront him about it but he warned me not to mention it again, threatening to make my life even more hellish than it already is.

I’m living in hell and at this point, I’m contemplating throwing away my marriage vows and taking off. My parents say I should manage the relationship but I feel like I’m going to go mad any minute. Can I survive this endless torture if I stay? What do I do?”

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm against divorce but wwith this story, I have to wonder. What is the point of this marriage? There is an issue in every corner

Sochie Chidozie said...

Marriage should not be a 'Guantanamo Bay', where such torture takes place. You have kids that needs parental love and care, hence, divorce isn't an option. Prayer is the key to your problem. Pray Until Something Happens(PUSH).

Anonymous said...

I think you should take a walk from the marriage, if not you will walk out in death

Anonymous said...

Beating - this man is present
Sexual promiscuity - this man is present
Ridiculousness - this man is present
Stinginess - this man is present
Foolishness - this man is present

Its really unfortunate. What is his plan? to kill you with either beating or STD? I tire for this story. Just be careful with him cos his behaviour is a sign of his inhumanity. Pray too

Oma said...

What if she keeps praying and the devil in him is so strong and welcome that he cannot change? Does she keep staying in a situation that might take her to the grave, either through beatings or STD? I'd like to know. And I'm also a strong believer in marriage for life.

Anonymous said...

abeg this blog stories are all nonsense!

Oma said...

Anon 14:34, these stories are not nonsense. They are true. None is fabricated in any way at all. People are going through many experiences that can feel surreal sometimes. They find it hard to share because of putting their identity out there in a society where privacy is of premium value. I have a knack for listening and have heard so many crazy things. This blog was born from the idea of finding an anonymous way to share these incredible stories with people and let them know that life can be stranger than fiction sometimes. So, do not call something nonsense just because you’ve not experienced it. And even if I wanted to, I couldn’t make all these things up.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Marriage is for life yes, but I tink ders a place in d bible were a condition 4 divorce is infidelity?..am nt sure.I tink it also states dt once u divorce, u shldnt get married again or smtin like dat. So, it up to u babe.from what u wrote, ur kids r not getting any love neither r u. I tink ur prayer shld b channeled 2wards asking God 2 help u make a choice. But know dse facts, u r strong, u can n will survive no matter what u deceide. U r not alone, God is close. May God see u tru

Anonymous said...

This is not Marriage but a Prisoner n Prison Warden relationship. I advise a prison break.

Anonymous said...

Marriage is for life but this one is definitely for DEATH. Run for your life.