Sunday 2 September 2012

I thought women were desperate to get married – but not to a poor old man like me


Image: www.cisncancer.org

“I’m almost fifty years old and have never been married. Not because something is wrong but because I wasted my time trying to make money – and the money didn’t come. I’m ‘old school’ in my ways and I believe one should not get married until they can afford to take care of a family. I didn’t like the idea of my wife hustling to help provide for the family just because I’m not making enough.

But this thinking didn’t favor me at all. The financial future I hoped for didn’t happen and now I’m a bit on the old side. When I hit forty seven almost three years ago, I decided that since I didn’t achieve my financial goals, I’d better try to achieve my personal goals by getting married, anyhow I can, so that I can have the kids I want. And that’s where my real problem started.

I was under the impression that women are all desperate to get husbands so it will be easy for me, but it’s not because all the ones I’ve been meeting are not desperate at all. Once we connect, they throw me aside after a date or two. They give all kinds of reasons - some say they don’t understand why I’ve never been married before, as if they suspect something is wrong with me for being single for so long. Others don’t bother with a reason – they just avoid me.

Also, all the girls I like don’t like me back and the girls who do are too old for my taste. I don’t want to be introducing a new wife and have people wonder if we’ve been married ten years. A new wife should look a certain way, young and sexy, not old and ….you know what I mean.

I’m in a quagmire and I’m not sure of the way forward.  The girls I like don’t like me and the ones that are interested are not my type. What do I do? I’m turning fifty soon and I need to get married. Can anyone advise me?”

7 comments:

Oma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oma said...

At a certain point in life, we all have to manage especially when our reality is in our face. The reality is age and maybe money are not on your side and if that is the case, there's nothing wrong with working with what you have and if that means you have to lower your standards, so be it. Mature women do it all the time by marrying people they may ordinarily not marry in their hey days so why not you? Besides, I think you'll have more in common with a mature woman because you're a mature man. Don't you think?

Anonymous said...

Are you real, have you ever considered how the young sexy new wife will feel introducing her.' old poor hubby'I advise you marry someone who will appreciate you, when you re happy you ll begin to see the sexy side of a woman.

Anonymous said...

My feelings exactly. That's men for you. You dont want to marry an older person but you want a young girl to marry you. How sensible is that?

Anonymous said...

lol

Anonymous said...

Dat is alwz d problem wit men,as far as marriage is concerned,dey alwz ve dis feeling dat dey deserve d best.Wot of ladies?Wot is good 4 d goose is also good 4 d gander

Anonymous said...

Hahhahhahahha! Men u r really getting d heat from d ladies but I'lld say u deserve it. Anyway if u really want 2 get married 4get beauty, dznt always last.look 4 a lady dt likesn appreciates u