Sunday 10 February 2013

My friend’s father stole her innocence



“My friend’s parents got divorced when she was about fifteen years old and they (the kids) stayed back at the house with their dad while their mum moved out. All seemed to be going normally until one day, her father approached her with a perverted request.

He wanted her to invite a friend over for a sexual encounter. She was an innocent and the request confused and scared her so she didn’t. Days later, he came to her, saying if she was not going to get a friend to come over, then she should be ready to have sex with him. That was how it started.

The sexual relationship between father and daughter continued until she entered the university. It stopped when he remarried.  This should have been a welcome development for her but strangely, it was not. She was bitter about her step mum’s presence and would complain all the time about her. It was when I kept asking her to give real reasons for disliking the woman that she finally confided about the confused emotions she was experiencing.  I think she was hurt by the transfer of affections to her stepmum by her dad.

I still remember feeling sick after hearing this story and how afraid I became of men including my dad. I never thought such a thing was possible then so I was in major shock. I don’t know where this girl is now but often, I’ve found myself wondering about her and how she was doing.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May be the man belongs to a cult and is acting in accordance with their prescription. Beyond that I can't think of any reason for this dastardly act.

Anonymous said...

i've never been able to imagine what reasons could be behind a man abusing someone, much more their child? makes no sense. hope this girl turned out okay, wherever she is

Anonymous said...

No be small thing