Monday 27 August 2012

My brother, the super hero, saved me from a robbery attack


Image: examiner.com

"Just last Friday, I was on my way to a party. It was about 10pm and I had my driver with me. When we got to Mile 2 area, we ran over something and two of our car tyres went flat. I was suspicious; Mile 2 is known for its notoriety so it was likely some bad boys had set sharp objects on the road to slow people down so they could rob them. I had my Blackberry, Samsung Galaxy SIII smart phone and Ipad in the car and these items are hot tickets in the black market. Quickly, I threw the Samsung phone and Ipad under the car seat and stepped out with just my BB. As the driver worked on the tyres, I walked away from the car so no one would know we were together. I called my older brother, who lived about twenty minutes from the area, to give him the low down and as we were talking, two heavy slaps landed on my face. In fact, I saw stars. I was right – it was a robbery setup and there were five boys.

My brother must have heard some of the craziness over the phone which was sill connected before they grabbed it and cut off the call. The boys dragged me to the car, kicked the driver and started ransacking the car.

It was not long after when I heard gun shot near us. My driver and I ducked under the car; we were terrified, thinking some ‘sharper’ boys had come to rob those robbing us. The thieves took off in panic but we remained crouched near the car – scared to move. A few seconds later, we heard laughter and it was my crazy brother and my cousin. He has a gun which he’d never used and obviously, he thought this was the time to christen the weapon by playing ‘James Bond’. I was both very angry and very relieved. My heart was pounding alarmingly and I’m still surprised I didn’t pass out. Quickly, we finished changing the tyres and took off. I know my brother’s crazy and he’s got a gun which he’d never fired but this – it was the peak of his madness though he did save me from an unpleasant situation."  

 

No comments: