Thursday 23 August 2012

Want history to be kind to you? You’d better write your story!

Image: http://etc.usf.edu/clipart
"Many of us have dreams. Unfortunately, very few of us get anywhere to achieving those dreams; but even more unfortunate is that most of us never bother to try.

I am sad to admit that I am one of those people who never even bothered to try. I knew what I was good at but I could not imagine being good enough to be considered great. Besides, no one I knew had made it big so it was ridiculous to think I could. So, I quashed such thoughts and accepted that mediocre was my fate. "

Many years on, my mind has often wandered back to the beginning and I have questioned my decision to give up my dreams – without even trying. I have also wondered what my life might have been like had I tried at all. I might have made it … or maybe not – who knows? But at least, I would not be living with the regrets.

So, though I’m older now, I’ve dusted my dream chest to try. I am determined to ensure that my history is kind to me so I’m fervently writing my present. When I’m old and grey, or gone, let my history read of a life filled with many successes, many failures but definitely tons of efforts and trials towards living the life I always dreamed. My history will be kind to me for I intend to write it. "

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad