Sunday 25 November 2012

My boyfriend introduced me to certain habits and then, dumped me for it


“When I started dating my really cool boyfriend, I adored him. Much older, wiser and so handsome, he was the biggest deal of a guy I’d ever met. A few weeks after our relationship started, he encouraged me to drink whiskey with him. From there, we graduated to other alcoholic beverages and when I complained, he would tease me about being a baby…so I drank along with him.

Shortly after the drinking started, he asked me to share a cigarette. I was an undergraduate who lived at home with my folks and I knew my ‘sharp’ mum would smell cigarette smoke on me if I tried it. But my boyfriend’s teasing was a bit much so I started smoking but only with him.

It took a few months but I got hooked on the drinking and smoking and before I knew it, the habit stopped being a social one as I would drink and smoke in my room at home while I studied or lounged around. I was hooked and I couldn’t stop.

A little over year later, I caught my boyfriend with another girl. I was devastated and when I confronted him, he said he didn’t like spending time with me anymore because I smoked and drank way too much. I didn’t even know what to say so I just wailed like a fool. It took a lot of work but I successfully quit the habit. However, I still think of my old boyfriend and wonder if he really broke up with me over those habits….which he introduced me to. I still don’t understand.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What don't you understand? That your former boyfriend is a clown who used a lame excuse to dump you? Girl, I advise that you move on and forget about this guy. He was simply having a good time and when it was over for him, he picked the closest excuse to him to slide away from you

Anonymous said...

The BF used the oldest trick in the book to dump this girl and she's having a headache over it. Oh plssss.

Anonymous said...

I tot any gud teacher's dream is to have a student better than him? Lol. My dear free ur mind of dis guy, if it were not that excuse, it wuld have been another. Am happy u were able to kick d bad habits dou.