Thursday 22 November 2012

Tip on dealing with a prank caller: how I dealt with mine


You know how some strange phone number keeps calling your line and when you pick, they drop? This happens to me sometimes and it drives me crazy.

Recently, I was having a particularly bad day when I got one of those annoying prank calls. The phone number called me about five times and when I pick, the line would cut off. Unfortunately, I was expecting an important call so I decided to call the number back on the chance that it was the call I was expecting and the dropped calls was a case of bad service. When I called it, the person picked and was quiet. I said ‘hello’, a female voice said ‘hello’ and nothing else. After a few seconds of silence, I said, ‘you called this number several times; who is this?’ Another few seconds of silence and the voice said, ‘anon’. I said who? She said ‘anon’. And that was when I realized the voice was saying anon meaning anonymous. I was furious and I cut the call. After a couple of minutes of steaming in annoyance, I sent a text to the number which went thus:



‘I claim the spirit of anonymous for you, In Jesus name, Amen. As anonymous means invisible, I pray you remain invisible in this life. Blessings will not see you, favour will not see you, prosperity will not see you. As you’ve played this prank, you will be pranked till you’re on your knees begging for mercy. You’ve fooled with the wrong person.’

Immediately, the number started calling me and when I would not pick after what must have been the thirtieth call, the number sent me a text which read ‘Good morning. Please I’m sorry I said I’m anonymous. Please do accept my apologies. We don’t know each other but can we be friends please? Please reply back. I don’t have enough airtime on my phone.’ I didn’t respond.
 
The number called me many times over the next few days and I never picked up. After about a week, whenever the number calls me, I would pick it and not speak – just let it run and waste the money of whoever is on the other line. After a couple of weeks, it stopped calling me.  Next time, I’m certain that person will think twice before doing something stupid like this.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohboy. The spirit of anonymity.Pretty funny how you sent that text. You must have been really upset

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Good for the person.