Monday 24 December 2012

My friend’s teenage daughter is promiscuous and I wonder …should I tell?



“Anna has been my friend for a long time. We met many years ago when she hired me as an academic tutor for her children and we became fast friends after discovering we had many mutual interests.

I teach in a private boarding high school and when Anna’s oldest daughter, Ada, had issues in her school, I helped her get into my school. However, since the girl came in, I’ve noticed a few things about her – the most worrisome being her promiscuity.


Ada is fifteen years old but her flexibility in sexual matters is almost out of control. She’s a good athlete so she usually makes the team list for competitive games. I’m the only female physical education teacher in my school so I’m usually part of the supervisory team for these ‘out of school’ games and this has become a nightmare for me.

Ada has this wonderful tendency of disappearing from their room at odd hours and one is almost always certain to find her servicing, or being serviced, by some random boy and this is for the times I’m lucky to find her on time. In our school, some students who are aware of my relationship with her mum have come to tell me about her, complaining that she is very free with her sexual favors which give the rest of them a bad name. At every event, you can be sure to find her in the midst of many boys and for some time, I’ve begun to wonder if she’s doing them all at the same time because her popularity with them has really soared

I’ve spoken with her about this but I’m helpless against her determination to ‘enjoy’ her sexual life so I’ve given up but the guilt of what I know is killing me. Because of her past in her previous school, her mum worries a lot and would call me every time to know how she’s doing. I keep lying that all’s well and the guilt is giving me heartburn. But I don’t know – should I tell her mum? Or should I stay quiet and keep minding my business – after all, I’ve done the right thing by talking to Ada about the many risks of being so sexually active especially at her age. I’m confused.” 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think you should say something to her mum. no matter how she takes it, she'll be grateful you gave her important information to help her talk to her daughter.