Wednesday 13 January 2016

Karma hands out punches to a friend who betrayed me



 
This may not be karma but can you blame me for telling the story like it is? Years into my marriage, I didn’t have a child and this was a major issue for my husband and his family. I was treated with utmost disdain which I could have managed if they didn’t also make sure to physically abuse me anytime they could not stand the sight of my barren face Many times, I was kicked, punched, had food thrown at ne and on a number of occasions, thrown out of the house. But I always came back because I had nowhere to go. My husband was not rich but my family was so much poorer and could not afford to take me back in. I was not pretty or very smart so chances of me finding another man was slim to none. My only solace was my long time girlfriend and confidante, , Licha, who gave me the safe haven to let it all out.  Sadly, this same solace became the source of an even darker nightmarish situation.

I got home one day to find Licha in my home with my husband. Thinking she was there to see me, I greeted her but she ignored me, coldly standing up and walking past.

In confusion, I frowned and began to wonder if my hostile husband had done something nasty to her but before I could follow her to ask, she came back in, walked past me again and straight into my husband’s arms. In shock, I stared like a fool as they fondled one another right in front of me. And that was how I found out the oldest truth – that very few humans can be trusted.

She married my husband and together, they treated me worse than before. Twice she got pregnant and both times, she lost the babies -  one before delivery and the second one died a few days after birth. Now she is supposedly pregnant but by whatever dark forces may exist, that pregnancy has lasted more than a year – and I’m not kidding,  Now, I, along with many others, wonder what her swollen stomach, which she'd labeled a pregnancy at the initial stages, hides.

Like I said at the beginning, it is hard for me not to believe this is karma handing out harsh punches to my friend who betrayed me. Strange thing is you’d think I would be gloating but I am not. I hurt for a cherished friendship that I lost and a terrible situation for someone I once loved. Besides, her pain has done nothing to decrease my own pain so in all, there is really no gain for me

No comments: