Sunday 14 February 2016

That thng he did for love ...and the crap that followed


 
 
One of my uncles was one of those guys who got the shorter end of the ‘fate stick’. He was a super nice man who just happened not to have fertile sperm so he could not make babies with his wife. After several years of waiting for a miracle to change things, he decided that his condition was a burden which his wife a woman he loved deeply, didn’t have to bear as well. With the advice of family members, he came clean to his wife about his situation and encouraged her to seek ‘help’ outside so they could have children of their own. Why they didn’t just adopt is beyond me but that’s how it went down.

Years and three children later, the wife is still enjoying extra marital relations with the father of her three children and has refused to give up the man.



My uncle has pleaded, threatened …all to no avail. His family has waded into the matter, promising the wife all sorts of material compensations – within their means – to part ways with her lover and focus on her husband and children but the woman remains uninterested in giving up the affair. She has also refused to leave her husband and for now, my uncle is unwilling to divorce her because he feels somewhat responsible for the situation.

In the meantime, the biological father of my uncle’s children is busy swaggering around the community. He is on his second marriage with some hapless woman and like I hear it, my aunt is not even the only girlfriend in his life. This makes me imagine – and I know it’s stupid but I cant help myself – that this guy must really know what he’s doing in that department for these women to hang on to him.
 
Seriously, it is a stupid situation and it is for real. How ridiculous is this situation?

No comments: